The coronavirus has led to many people in the UK being unable to work. To help save the UK economy the Government has released a grant scheme to support employers in paying salaries and retaining jobs.
To enable us to keep people safe and to ensure the continued financial viability of Valleys to Coast, we have decided to use the Government Job Retention Scheme our plan is to implement furlough leave for some staff from week commencing 20th April up to 31st May 2020 when the current Government Scheme is due to end.
What does this mean for you?
The safety of you and your households and our staff is and will remain our top priority. We have assessed our workload to ensure we can still deliver key services during this time and the current emergency services we are delivering will not change.
We will still be:
- Delivering emergency repairs in our customers’ homes: these include things like gas leaks, power cuts and broken lifts etc.
- Collecting rent: to enable us to fund our materials for emergency repairs, pay our invoices to contractors for their work and colleagues salaries.
- Providing homes: we will continue to allocate homes to those in need in Bridgend and support those with a place to live, especially during this time of self-isolation.
You may find that you try and contact a member of staff who is on furlough. You should get an answerphone message or email reply identifying who to talk to whilst they are not available. If you have any problems contacting an individual please call The Hub on 0300 123 2100 and they will direct you to the right person.
You can still chat to us about your situation and we can talk through how we can support you during this time. We suggest contacting us online:
- Through our web chat on our website: v2c.org.uk
- Message us via Facebook messenger: m.me/ValleystoCoast
- Direct message us through Twitter: twitter.com/ValleysToCoast
- Call us on 0300 123 2100.
You can also pay your rent over the phone and online. To make a payment online visit www.v2c.org.uk/my-home/pay and make sure you have your AllPay reference number to hand.
We will review our position regularly and update you when the situation changes.