My Home

Water Charges

Social Tariffs

HelpU Scheme

If someone in your household is receiving one of the means- tested benefits below, and the combined annual household income, you may be entitled to a reduction in your water charges. Please note we don’t include payments from Housing Benefit, Personal Independence Payments, Carers Allowance or Disability Living Allowance as income.

  • Pension Credit
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Council Tax Reduction/Support
  • Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit

*Household size means the total number of occupants aged over 16 and under.



Household Size   

 Income Threshold   







WaterSure Wales Scheme

This can help with your charges if you have a water meter and receive at least one of the qualifying benefits/tax credits:

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Income Support
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Jobseekers Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (except families in receipt of the family element only)



If you have 3 or more children under the age of 19 living at your home for whom who you claim Child Benefit for?




You or a member of your household has a medical condition that requires SIGNIFICANT use of extra water.





If you do, then you may qualify to reduce the amount you pay for your water.

If you’re unsure and would like to discuss this with someone from our team or get more information on how to apply, then please contact the Water Department on 01656 762421 Monday – Friday 09:00 to 17:00 (excl Bank Holidays).

Making Payments


We offer multiple payment options to choose from, including different payment frequency to best suit you. Please click on the link to view these options. Payments

Money Advice


If you would like advice or assistance with your finances, please contact the Money Matters Team.

Water Meter


If your unmeasured bill is too high, and you are a low water user, or you live on your own, you could save money by having a meter installed. Click on the link to confirm a meter is the cheaper option for you. 

Contact Welsh Water


Do you pay Welsh Water directly? Contact them on 0800 052 0145 (Monday - Friday 08:00 to 20:00, Saturday 08:30 to 13:30). Or Visit their website